Monday, December 12, 2016

When I Think of Child Development

"Child development does not mean developing your child into the person you think they should be, but helping them develop into the best person they are meant to be."
- Toni Sorenson

This quote in one of my favorites due to the message it sends. We are the role models and those who are supposed to guide the children in our care and community through life. We should not stifle the free spirits or strong willed children we should teach them how to embrace their strong personalities creating leaders. We should take the children who enjoy to teach and guide them show them how to model allow them to have tasks to assist and grow through teaching others. For the shy children we must teach them to embrace the world around them and find comfort in getting to know the surrounding and those who are in it before jumping in and opening up. We were all these children once and there were adults in our lives who embraced and guided us through our life we much remember this while teaching and training new educators and care givers each day.

9 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    That is a perfect quote to choose as a professional educator! Children show you their interests and dislikes, their strengths and their weaknesses, our job is to encourage their uniqueness not mold it into what "society" thinks. Thank you for the last eight weeks, I look forward to working with you again in the future! Best of luck
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    Absolutely love the quote. I want to thank you so much for the information you shared and want to wish you nothing but success in the future and hope to have many more classes to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie
    I have love your blog post so I am not suprised that the last one isn't the greatest you one. I am an educator and you have inspired me to reach deeper for greatness. I look forward to encountering you again. Thanks for 8 great weeks.
    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    I love your quote! Teachers sometimes need to be reminded of that. Throughout this course I have enjoyed reading your blogs and posts. You have shared a great deal of information that I have been able to learn from. I wish you success on your journey at Walden.
    -Brittna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie,
    Great quote!As educators, we should help children develop and enhance their strengths. I have enjoyed the insights of your discussions and blog posts these last 8 weeks. Thank your for sharing your passion for children. Blessings to you on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such a beautiful quote. I wish you much success in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie! I enjoyed reading your quote on Children Development. I enjoyed reading all your post for the last 8 weeks and I hope that we have many more classes together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, it has been a pleasure to read your posts these past 8 weeks. I hope that you continue on this path that you have started and that we have many more classes together. Your posts have given me food for thought. Thank you.

    I also enjoyed your quote because it is so true. As parents and as teachers we attempt to mold children in the image we have of them instead of the person they were meant to be. It's important for us to remember that our job is to merely guide them to the person they should be and not push them into the perfect person for us.

    ReplyDelete