Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Family Culture



The first item would be a family picture we have of a homecoming that includes a majority of my and my husband’s side of the family. It represents love and who raised us to be who we are today. Second, a bible to carry on the beliefs we have through our faith and continue to learn and grow from. Believing in a higher power something bigger than us is important to know to our family. Last would be the necklace I wear around my neck holding a cross and a ring. The ring is the gold from the wedding rings of my grandparent’s wedding bands signifying the love to hold for others. The cross is in it represents the faith I have.

If I was told I could not keep all three I would feel as though part of me was lost with the other two. Being able to choose one the family photo would be the item I would hold on to. Sharing the photo with those around you can help identify and share the values and beliefs held and instilled within.


            Through this exercise I have learned the value I hold on my family and the values and beliefs they have instilled in me. To me family is everything blood or inherited through friends or marriage. Being able to have and hold those and be reminded of their importance is of high importance to me.

2 comments:

  1. Great 3 things. I love the idea that you have about reminder of love with wearing your grandparents bands. I know they meant alot to you. Also having faith is needed in the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    You and I have similar item s. I would bring my Bible as well, a bracelet and a photo album. Family memories are part of the glue that holds families together and being able to look back on good times helps to unite us. The Bible is very important to our family as well because of the endless wealth of knowledge you can find and the comfort. My bracelet is in memory of my son who passed away so I can understand your necklace and how important it is. Great post.

    ReplyDelete