Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"All kids need is a little help, a little hope, and someone who believes in them." 
-Magic Johnson

This is a simple yet inspiring quote summing up what I strive to be for each child in my care. Allowing them to know I am there and believe in them is very important to me. 

My favorite book is Caps For Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and their Monkey Business By Esphyr Slobodkina. I have always enjoyed this book. It allows for the reader to capture the audience by using the emotion and frustrations of the peddler as the monkeys "monkey" around. Being able to read the book aloud to the group stomping your feet and shaking your fist is the greatest feeling to see the children enjoy and dive into the book with you. The story also allows for conversation about life and making it through challenges, especially unforeseen ones. In the end when the peddler concurs the monkeys  and life moves on. He continues to stack his hat and move forward. The struggles in the book prove one can get through any struggle should you move forward and remain persistent. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the quote that you posted. Children do need help, hope, and someone to believe in them. I use to read Caps For Sale all the time to my kids. I loved how the monkeys played with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The children related to the military community need hope in their life each day. They need to have someone to remind them that it's going to be ok and keep the faith that your parent will come home and we are all a family. The military community is a large family and this quote is everything to the kids I serve.

      Delete
  2. Stephanie, I also like the quote you posted. I strive to be that person to help them, give them hope, and be the one to believe in them even if nobody else does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. We are these children's world we need to make sure to do our best to be a positive person to them.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie , That quote speaks volume. Those 3 values can help little minds create big goals and dreams.

    ReplyDelete