Monday, September 19, 2016

contemporary research confirms the view that young children learn most effectively when they are engaged in interaction rather than in merely receptive or passive activities."
-Lilian G. Katz

I could not agree more with this quote as educators the largest impacts we make on children are when we do not realize learning is taking place. Interaction and conversation are the core to true learning. While conversation and interaction trust then is built and in turn positive relationships.

The Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership fosters a dynamic and diverse network of educational leaders who seek to support learners globally by leveraging the power of teaching and technology and who are committed to the pursuit of positive social change through education.
-Richard W. Riley
(https://www.waldenu.edu/colleges-schools/riley-college-of-education/about/richard-w-riley)

This quote brings my ideas of what educators as a whole should strive for. We should strive for social change and remember this as we interact with the children and families in our care each day.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I enjoyed reading your quotes this week. Both of your quotes are good, but I really like the first one because it is so true. Children do learn better when they are engaged in interaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris! Yes interaction is key!!! I find in all the years that I have worked with kids that when it's unplanned learning "stuff" sticks more than the planned learning.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie! I agree with you and Chris both. I believe interaction with other classmates is more important than great activities from the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kevin! Yes absolutely! I find that exploration and engaging with one another allows for so much more to be learned.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree that the best way to get a child full undivided attention is to engage them fully in the learning.Children retain more information that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie,
    I agree really agree with the ideal NAEYC I-3A. When you have a team who puts together great ideas, this will most definitely generate a great outcome.The saying "it takes a village to raise a child" is true.

    ReplyDelete