Tuesday, October 11, 2016

NAEYC Ideals Ethical Responsibilities to families. I-2.2—To develop relationships of mutual trust and create partnerships with the families we serve.

NAEYC Ideals on Responsibilities to Co Workers I-3A.1—To establish and maintain relationships of respect, trust, confidentiality, collaboration, and cooperation with co-workers.

DEC Professional Development and Preparation.- We shall continually be aware of issues challenging the field of early childhood special education and advocate for changes in laws, regulations, and policies leading to improved outcomes and services for young children with disabilities and their families.

First and foremost, NAEYC I-2.2 is the basis on which relationships of all families and children in your care should be. When children are in our care we are responsible for an extremely important, non replaceable person in someone’s life. We must have mutual trust and be partners in the care for the children in our care. I always tell the parents when their child is in my care I treat them as they are my own. They will be loved and cared for to the best of my ability and always be put before myself.

Secondly, NAEYC I-3A.1 is equally important we cannot provide quality care alone we must be a team with common goals and values. Making sure to always strive for the best is a must and having positive working relationships is the beginning to be being able to do this. A group of capable and loving educators will be stronger than one.

Finally, the DEC ideal on development and preparation we must remain educated and diligent as we grow as educators. As educators we are always learning and we need to ensure we leave the time to be able to teach ourselves and remain on the current trends and educate ourselves on the resources and policy changes to remain diligent in the field.

As an early educator working with children and their families is my way to allow for a better tomorrow. Sharing my knowledge and being there to build strong foundations and fill gaps when needed is what I need to do for these children and families in my community each day. I know I also need to continue to educate those around me in the early childcare field. I know that it’s important to always advocate for the children and families teaching them how to have a voice and build a better tomorrow.



The Division for Early Childhood. (2000, August). Code of ethics. Retrieved May 26, 2010, fromhttp://www.dec-sped.org/

8 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I love that you are a proud advocate for the children. I myself am trying to become more of an advocate for our children today, and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittna, thank you I pride myself in working to be a voice for the ones who don't have one child or family. I find that lots of people don't always know how to communicate an issue and when they find someone who is willing to work with them and fight for them growth happens on every level. Its a wonderful feeling to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, great job and we all in this field need to be as conscientious as you have stated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I absolutely loved what you said about working with children and families allows for a better tomorrow. I will try and remember this saying when I get overwhelmed at school with different issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, thank you! Yes the famlies and children building better tommorrows is what our job is all about. We must remember on our low days that everyday we have the chance to make tommorrow better for a child and their family. My mentor told me this on day one of my carrer and I continue to live by that saying.

      Delete
  5. Stephanie, Thanks for supporting me in my blogs and discussions by answering questions and offering new suggestions. I enjoyed helping you the best way I can with responding to your blog and discussions as well. This journey was as bad as I though it was going to be. Hopefully we would be enrolled in the same classes and you would continue to pursue your masters with Walden. I hope that you do well in your future endeavors in the early childhood education field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juanicia, you are welcome. I have enjoyed your feedback on my posts as well as well as reading yours. Best of luck to you as well. You are on your to a great career with children.

      Delete