Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Professional Hopes and Goals

I hope through my work with children and families to be able to allow them to maintain their family culture as well as educate others on the culture. I also hope to be able to assist children as they grow create a positive sense of self as they create a social identity. Being able to communicate with the family and child to learn about them will help me advocate for the child and family making them feel welcome while creating a sense of community rich in culture.

Creating programs that embrace diversity, equity and social justice while encouraging children to create a positive sense of self would be my goal for the early childhood field. Learning how to apply the knowledge we have and model for the children and families in our programs how to embrace others and accepting what makes us all unique.


Thank you, for the past eight weeks supplying feedback and sharing your stories and knowledge with me. Having the ability to learn from all of you creates a learning network for myself and gives insight from all of you to be able to reflect upon. I hope each of you continue on this journey and continue to reflect and advocate for those children and families in your programs.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I believe your goal is great; you have such a good heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    Your goals for the profession are in line with Foundations profile. We should make it a point to have classrooms that are welcoming to all students. Thanks for all of your knowledge during this course, have a great break and good luck in your future classes.

    Tonya Cater

    ReplyDelete