Saturday, September 9, 2017

Communication

When I think of a person I know who communicates well I think of my dad. He doesn’t talk much; however he is a very active listener and when he does communicate he is highly thoughtful and clear with what he is communicating. His non-verbal communication is calm and welcoming while his tones are also calm and rarely even gives tones of frustration or anger. He is a level-headed thinker which also helps him communicate clearly by thinking about more than just himself.


Each day I try to think about how my dad communicates with other professionally and personally. When making deals and running his business he is active in conversations being attentive and I try to do the same. I work to actively listen, watch body language and tone of voice. I work to ensure I am communicating clearly as he does.

2 comments:

  1. It is such a great skill to be able to be silent and listen without thinking about what you are going to say next while the person is speaking. What a great skill to emulate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    Being a active listener is very important in my opinion. I wouldn't want to have a conversation with a person who wasn't paying attention while I talked, because I wouldn't do the same to them.

    ReplyDelete